This step by step guide to preventing panic attacks provides simple strategies for stopping a panic attack on the spot and overcoming them in the long-term. Sharing her personal and professional experience of panic and anxiety disorders, clinical psychologist Sandra Scheinbaum presents tried-and-tested methods, including new state-of-the-art approaches based on functional medicine.
You are going to discover ways to:
– Bear in mind what panic attacks are and recognise symptoms
– Believe your body’s own calming methods to keep watch over panic without the need for medication
– Find your abdominal breath and relaxed breathing patterns
– Let go of clenching and muscle tension through relaxation exercises and postural awareness
– Use positive mental imagery and steer clear of irrational thinking
– Find deep belly laughter, even in the course of a panic episode
– Eat well with calming foods and advice on supplements.
The ten easy steps in this book will assist readers to keep watch over their fight or flight response and overcome panic attacks naturally and permanently.